- Oxygen enrichment / oxygen lancing
- Increased melting rates
- Reduced coke rate
- Reduction of the specific energy consumption
- Reduced melting costs
- Lower amount of exhaust gas
- Lower environmental impact of the emissions
- Reduced material loss
- Increase tapping temperature
- Symmetrical temperature distribution across the furnace cross section
- Utilization of dust and carburizing agents
- Increased flexibility by altering the blast
- Oxy-Fuel Burners
Are used to homogenize the temperature of the liquid melted stream and protect from “nose building" effect.
Oxygen is directly introduced into the air blast. The oxygen regulation communicates directly with the furnace regulation in order to keep a constant oxygen enrichment rate (normally between 1,5 and 3%) of the blast.
Messer has more than 30 installations of oxijet-systems in cupola furnaces, among these are in stone wool production
Oxygen is introduced through lances into the furnace at supersonic speed. In order to reach the speed of oxygen, so called “laval nozzles" are used, which reach the needed impulse just at a defined pressure/flow ratio. The needed oxygen volume, for the process, can be obtained by pulsation of single lances or groups of lances.
Oxipyr – Burner System:
Oxipyr - Burner Regulation:
Oxipyr - Basic+, Basic regulation