Gases are used for both physical and chemical degasification:
- Nitrogen is applied under partial vacuum in the Oxygen removal with membrane contacters
- Hydrogen is used as a reducing agent in chemical-catalytic degassing. In the presence of a palladium catalyst, hydrogen reacts with dissolved Oxygen to form water and does not form any by-products. Because Hydrogen is non-toxic and does not harm the environment, it is a sensible alternative to hydrazine.
- Oxygen is used to protect against corrosion during neutral operation mode and with salt-free water. Since only a small dose is needed, precise dosage is required. Unlike hydrogen peroxide, pure Oxygen is stable during storage and can be dosed more accurately.
- By the way, water from alkaline and AVT operation is neutralised with CO2 in an environmentally friendly manner.
The benefits of gas applications at a glance:
- Environmentally friendly and non-toxic
- No unwanted by-products
- Raw materials which are stable under storage
Messer supplies the dosing and injection hardware for Nitrogen, Hydrogen and Oxygen aswell as the required gases.